Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Man on Wire

Very interesting documentary about the crazy Frenchie who strung a wire between the twin towers in 1974. If I write much about it, you may get high expectations. Resist that temptation. But go see it if you don't mind a few subtitles and a couple bums.

The film raises questions of what is art, what makes life meaningful, what does it mean to "follow your bliss"... and it is hysterical at times. He seems so focused that no obstacle can get in his way of pulling of this criminal artistic performance. For example - finding a thread on top of a building at night - no problem - just strip naked to increase sensitivity.
.
Has anyone seen this movie? I have a thousand questions.

Favorite line: When Petit was asked why he did it, he laughs and says "there is no why".

3 comments:

Angela Bentley Fife said...

my favorite quote "I realize, to a man on crutches, the universe is his!" (said in a frenchman way)...loved this movie (u can go to my art blog to see my review)....I would see it a 2nd time with no objection!

hbentley said...

Welcome to the world of bloggin'
I think it consumes most of my life. I love reading up on everyone. My blog doesn't have anything of real importance onit, but hopefully one can laugh at my expense.

Dave, Danielle and Luke said...

Yes! The McMaster's are bloggers now. This should be good, but lets get some more updates please:)